About the game
Sprawled across 18,076 acres of land - an area larger than the island of Manhattan - DFW is the world's third largest airport.
With 681,244 aircraft movements in 2015, it is also the world's third busiest airport. 7 runways, 5 terminals, 165 gates and 3 control towers help accommodate the 1,845 daily flights. DFW is the headquarters and the largest hub of American Airlines, the world's largest airline.
- 30 cm/pixel orthoimagery and 1 cm/pixel custom ground detail/markings
- Airport lighting and pavement markings closely follow FAA/ACI standards
- Terminals with interiors modelled using actual architectural drawings
- Modelled aircraft overpasses crossing International Parkway
- Ray-traced ambient occlusion, local illumination and specular mapping
- Uses advanced X-Plane features such as decal shading and 3D spill lights
- Animated passenger boarding bridges and Safedock A-VDGS at all gates (using the freely available AutoGate plugin by Jonathan Harris)
- Animated road traffic and Skylink APM
- Complete taxiway network for use by ATC and AI aircraft
- Fully compatible with the X-Life plugin by JARDesign
- Makes full use of the new ground service vehicles introduced in X-Plane 11
- Thousands of hand-placed objects such as parked cars and streetlights
- Parked cars, streetlights and terminal interiors can be individually turned on/off to optimize performance
- Uses 4K textures to maximize performance by minimizing draw calls
Requires XPlane 11 or XPlane 10.50!