About the game
When the wife of bestselling author Alan Wake disappears during her vacation together, he finds pages from a thriller he wrote while searching for her, but he can't remember them at all. A dark threat is driving her mischief in the small town of Bright Falls, bringing Wake to the brink of madness as he desperately struggles to solve the mystery and save his beloved.
Alan Wake is presented in the style of a TV series and features the typical Remedy narrative form as well as nerve-racking action sequences. While the players dive deeper and deeper into the mysterious story, they are confronted with incredible adversities, twists and turns and cliffhangers. Only by mastering the fighting technique of "Fight with Light" can they stay one step ahead of the darkness that spreads across Bright Falls.
Alan Wake's intense atmosphere, unfathomable, multi-layered storyline, and the extraordinarily exciting combat sequences of the game, which is an action game in structure and a psychological thriller in content, offer an entertaining and original gaming experience.
ADVANCED FOR THE PC, Alan Wake contains special episodes of "The Signal" and "The Writer".
Additional features of the Collector's Edition:
- Videos with comments from the producers of the game. Listen to producer comments on locations or design as you play. The comments contain about 1 hour of additional video material. Activatable in the options menu of the game.
- Illustrated book as PDF "A brave and deeply disturbing account of one man's attempt to confront the visions that haunted him. Clay Steward's gripping journey takes him to a small town in the pacific Northwest where he follows in the tracks of best-selling author Alan Wake and renegade FBI Agent Robert Nightingale. There he travels ever deeper in the woods and ever farther into the heart of darkness to unravel a series of mysterious events that reach hundreds of years into the past and chillingly into the present ..."
- Game soundtrack — The soundtrack contains 49 minutes of music enjoyment in best MP3 quality (320 kbps) composed by Petri Alanko, Old Gods of Asgard and Poets of the Fall.
- A Writer's Dream – Petri Alanko
- Welcome to Bright Falls – Petri Alanko
- The Clicker – Petri Alanko
- Taken by the Night – Petri Alanko
- Mirror Peak – Petri Alanko
- Tom the Diver – Petri Alanko
- Hunters – Petri Alanko
- The Well-Lit Room – Petri Alanko
- Departure – Petri Alanko
- Children of the Elder God – Old Gods of Asgard
- The Poet and the Muse – Old Gods of Asgard
- War – Poets of the Fall
- Tom the Diver (Collector's Edition Exclusive Mix) – Petri Alanko
This product requires the main version of the game "Alan Wake" to play.
Internet connection and Steam account required.