About the game
In the near future, humanity has discovered it is not alone in the universe, or rather… universes. Alas, the first contact with intelligent beings turns disastrous when a probe sent by the US government is destroyed by the Talan, natives of a world called Adelpha. The incident creates an energy cataclysm which threatens to destroy Earth. You take the role of Cutter Slade, ex-Navy SEAL, in an open, lush and living world, where all choices influence the balance of the world. Welcomed by natives as the “Ulukai” - a messiah of an ancient prophecy - you confront the formidable soldiers of a bloodthirsty tyrant by using a devastating arsenal of advanced weaponary. To save Earth, you must save Adelpha: the destiny of both worlds is in your hands.
About this version:
Outcast 1.1 has been recompiled from the original source code and improved to run smoothly on today's computers.The main improvements compared to the original version are: multithreaded voxel renderer for higher performances, software bilinear filtering on polygonal meshes, part of the HUD redesigned to match higher resolutions, new high-resolution sky paintings, new launcher, native support of xbox gamepad, user-friendly controller configuration, a lot of bugs fixed and improved stability.
In 2007, the U.S. government successfully sends a probe to an alien world in a parallel universe. As the probe is transmitting video images of the world, an alien life form discovers the probe and damages it, causing a disruptive backlash of energy to form a black hole threatening Earth. Former U.S. Navy SEAL Cutter Slade is given the job of escorting three scientists (William Kauffmann, Anthony Xue and Marion Wolfe) on a mission to this alien world to recover the probe and stop the threat. Arriving in this alien world, Cutter is separated from the other scientists and is hailed by the natives as their messiah, the Ulukai.
- Confront bloodthirsty tyrants and deliver freedom to a people under the yoke of oppression, with over 50 hours of adventure and a dynamic and fast-paced story waiting for you.
- As you become more familiar with the culture of an alien civilization, you are brought into the heart of Talan society: negotiate with the merchants of Riss, parley with rebel forces and follow the mystic path of the grand Shamaz.
- Change the balance of power on Adelpha, a living world where your actions have direct and visible consequences on your environment.
- Explore six different continents on foot or on the back of a Twôn-Ha, and go boldly where no human has gone before.
- Face the Talan head-on in daring combat, or use stealth and cunning to outwit your opponents.
Internet connection and Steam account required.