About the game
WW1 Centennial Edition is a historical strategy simulation that recreates the four years of warfare (1914–1918) that shook the world during the Great War. Players assume the role of military and political leaders in command of land and naval forces belonging to either the Entente or Central Powers nations. Using a system of simultaneous turn resolution, the simulation can be played against either the computer’s artificial intelligence (AI) or a human opponent using Internet (LAN) or (TCP/IP).
- The game is played in alternating phases of giving orders followed by simultaneous execution, with an original three-modes turn-base resolution
- Easy to play, hard to master, play a scenario over a few hours or a full X-turn Grand Campaign following in Foch’s or Luddendorf’s footsteps!
- A large selection of Scenarios (10) and Campaigns (4)
- The largest World War One map ever, with unequalled historicallyflavored look and detail levels
- 8 playable major nations, dozens of different troops, planes and ships, hundreds of military, economic, political and technological events, over 200 historical leaders with unique abilities
- An original diplomatic system, with your ambassadors to send all over the world to alter the balance of power between the Entente (i.e. Allies) and the Central Powers
- Organize armies, manage supply, produce munitions, recruits and new weapons, use sea and rail moves, and put the best leaders in command (if politics allows), take care of your nation’s will to fight!
- Break the trench warfare deadlock by pursuing technological research or fighting the economic blockade