About the game
Raven's Cry plunges you into the dark world of the Golden Age of Piracy, as you follow the story of Christopher Raven and his quest for vengeance against the men who murdered his family. Reality Pump Studios has recreated the world of the 18th century Caribbean in painstaking detail, leaving behind the family-friendly tropes common to portrayals of this era and instead bringing you a gritty, realistic pirate experience like you’ve never seen before.
Players can immerse themselves in a living, breathing environment just begging to be explored, complete with realistic period architecture and geography. Slash, sail, and shoot your way through a main storyline of 25 hours, along with several side quests, and discover new islands, hidden treasures, and action-packed adventures. Starting out in the filthy, rum-soaked ports of the Caribbean, players will travel to wealthy towns rife with political intrigue, beautiful plantations belonging to ruthless slave-owners, savage South American jungles filled with restless natives, and uncharted mercenary island hideouts. With its robust combat system and captivating storyline, Raven's Cry is a unique gaming experience you don’t want to miss.
Caught between the rival powers of the Old World, mysterious native tribes, cutthroats, and buccaneers, players assume the role of Christopher Raven, as he explores both land and sea, travels to unexplored corners of the Caribbean, and to the dark corners of the human heart.
Haunted by his inner demons, plagued by dreams of his bloody past, Christopher is a man adrift, having lost his moral compass and any sense of direction. The death of his family has pushed him to the brink of madness, awakening evil forces within him, which Christopher barely keeps in check as he struggles to find his life’s purpose. A routine sea voyage soon leads Christopher down a dark path that will send shockwaves throughout the whole Caribbean world.
- Psychological elements based on actions taken by the player influence enemies’ behavior and combat styles
- Complex land-based and sea-based skill trees are affected by Christopher’s notoriety level
- Unlock raven skills to give your winged companion something better to do than just fly around, allowing him to take an active role in your adventure
- A challenging combat system based on classic hack‘n’slash action combined with free-flowing tactics including blocks, counters, parries, and brutal finishing moves using the unique hook
- Detailed and historically accurate weapons and ships bring the 18th century Caribbean to life
- Your fighting abilities are directly affected by the environment – a wet pistol may not fire, and muddy swamps will slow down your offensive and defensive actions
- Intense sea battles complete with a wide range of ships and multiple ammunition types replicate the savagery of historic naval engagements
- Different controlling factions throughout the Caribbean will behave differently depending on which flag you fly – and on your own notoriety
- Whispers and rumors – the right information can be more precious than gold. Keep your ear to the ground and learn hints about lost treasures and information about your enemies
- An extensive trade system – knowing the best place to sell coffee, chocolate, and cannabis will give you a maximum return on your cargo
- Detailed and realistic locations in both the Caribbean and South America
Steam-Account is required!